Ta da da...da! Retrofabulous Christmas Craftabration Presents:
It took three days, lots of juicy expletives, edits, edits and more edits and a crew of two and here we are...the latest The Impatient Crafter video. We're a little rusty around here and we only have one camera and mediocre editing software, but hey, we do what we can with what we've got! Plus, it's free people. Free!
Below please find written instructions for the Gift Card. You can get the written instructions for the Retrofabulous Stocking here. Ho, ho, happy holidaze!
Retrofabulous Holiday Gift Card
Copyright 2011 Margot Potter
"These are your grandmother's crafts™" You got a problem with that?
Red or other colored card stock
Vintage or new used card with small Christmas icon on back
2 stackable vintage or new buttons, top button needs indent for crystal
Tulip Glam it Up Crystal
Thin decorative ribbon
Tiny vintage or new icon image from back of greeting card
Sizzix window gift card die (Unfortunately, they no longer carry this die, so the next best bet is to cut one out yourself and score with a bone folder and use a Fiskars square punch to make a window!)
Aleene's Tacky Sticker Sheets
Aleene's Tacky Glue Dot Singles
Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Sizzix Big Shot
Fiskars 1" Block Party Squeeze Punch
1. Use die cutting machine and die to cut a small gift card with tiny window. Fold in half along the crease. You can also measure, hand cut, use a bone folder to crease and use a square punch to make the window (You'd need two square punches so the image inside is bigger than the window.)
2. Use Fiskars 2" square squeeze punch to center and cut image from back of used greeting card to fit inside window. (If you are using two punches, use the 1" size to create your window.)
3. Place back of image on sticker sheet, compress and remove. Adhere to inside of gift tag, centering image as you'd like it to fit inside of the window.
4. Layer buttons and crystal. Start with largest button, placing a single glue dot on back and adhering by one of the bottom corners of the window in the tag. Next add the second button with glue dot on the back.
5. Add a dab of Aleene's Tacky glue inside of the second button, use finger tip to gently pick up and place crystal inside. Wipe off any excess glue carefully.
6. Set grommet with Crop-a-dile in upper corner of gift tag.
7. Attach pre-cut ribbon.
8. Feel free to stamp the card, add glitter, add more embellishments and make this yours!