ILovetoCreate Teen Crafts: Edible Easter Centerpiece and Party Favor
ILovetoCreate Teen Crafts
Edible Easter Centerpiece and Party Favor
By Avalon Potter
“Teen Crafted, Mom Approved”
I love flowers, and especially Pink gerbera daises! I also happen to love jelly beans, parties, and crafts. I have always wanted to combine them all and with Easter on the way I thought of a perfect way to do it! This week’s project is an edible Easter center piece, with the delicious element of jelly beans and the adorable design of a pink daisy in a rick rack embellished pot!
Three colorful little buckets (we got these at Target in the dollar section)
Fake pink gerbera daises
Rick rack or colorful ribbon
Aleene’s Liquid Fusion Glue
Aleene's Foamtastic Glue
1. Gather all of your materials.
2. Wrap your ribbon around the base of the bucket to measure it and cut leaving a little bit of excess ribbon.
3. Apply a thin strip of Aleene’s Liquid Fusion glue to the backside of the ribbon and rewrap around the base of the bucket.
4. Repeat steps two and three for the top and bottom of all three buckets.
5. Measure the bucket width by drawing a circle on the cardboard with the bottom of the bucket. Then cut out the cardboard circle.
6. Take a chunk of Styrofoam and put it in the bottom of the bucket, then make a hole big enough for the flower stem in the cardboard. Add some Aleene’s Foam glue and slide the cardboard to the top of your foam.
7. Cut the flowers so that they fit in the pot making two the same size and the third taller.
8. Put the flower in the pot giving it a bend so you can see the flower face. Make sure the face is facing you.
9. Fill the pot to the top with jelly beans.
10. If you want to let your guests take these home, add a name on a card to the pot handle or the flower stem.