Free Jewelry Project #2 from Bead Chic by Margot Potter
It's Week #2 of the four week bonus Free Projects from my new book Bead Chic! Here's the one from the Make Jewellery feature I showed you last week. You'll need to get the book for the step by step photos.
Leave a comment for a chance to win a free signed copy of the book!
If you left a comment last week, stop in on Saturday to see if you won, I'll announce this week's winner next Saturday!
Chaos in Pearls Necklace
Chapter One: Scale
Copyright Margot Potter and North Light Books
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Crystal pearls, faceted plastic rounds and gun metal chains are clustered in a chaotic mass at the front of this daring, delightful and decidedly different necklace design. The less you map this one out, the better. You can opt to vary the chain lengths even more dramatically to give this an ‘haute couture’ design flavor.
13 8mm black plastic faceted rounds
14 12mm SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS cream pearls
39 1.5-3” lengths small gun metal curb chain
18.5” section gun metal oval rolo chain
27 gun metal head pins
1 large silver plated swivel lobster clasp
15 4mm gun metal jump rings
Round nose pliers
2 pairs chain nose pliers
1. Cut 39 1.5-3” sections of small gun metal chain.
2. Create looped dangles for every pearl and faceted round.
3. Cut an 18.5” section of rolo chain. Attach a pearl to one end using a jump ring.
4. Attach the lobster clasp to the other end using a jump ring.
5. Starting on the 32nd link in your chain, attach a pearl, a faceted round and three varied lengths of small chain with a jump ring to the link.
6. Move down every link and continue attaching a pearl, a round and three varied lengths of chain on a jump ring. There are 13 pearl, round and chain combos.